Monday, November 12, 2012

The Simpsons - 24x04 - Gone Abie Gone

    After Homer misses his usual monthly visit to his father, Abe goes missing.  After rooting around in his stuff for a bit, they follow a lead and learn that Abe got remarried after Mona left.
    I don't want to say this was a bad episode.  There were some good laughs, and I never felt like it was doing something really wrong.  But this episode was really weak.  The B story was much better - Homer wins $5,000.00 in a lawsuit, and sets it aside for Lisa's college fund.  Lisa starts playing online poker with the money.  That story was much more fun.
    Maybe I just don't care enough about Grandpa to make any of the stories that center on him worthwhile.  I don't think I identify with Grandpa - or with Homer's relationship with him.
    So, this was a bit of a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment