Monday, November 26, 2012

Family Guy - 11x06 - Lois Comes Out of Her Shell

    After Peter makes Lois feel old and unattractive, she decides to act young, and turns into a party girl.  Stewie finds a pet turtle, who turns out to be evil.
    I haven't bothered watching Family Guy much, (as this blog makes obvious) but there was a fairly positive review of this episode, and the idea of the turtle was very interesting.  And I was fairly happy with this episode.
    Honestly, I think that Family Guy has gone the way of South Park.  They have this strange nihilist sensibility, which I normally love.  But the problem is that they are irresponsible with their point of view.  Family Guy doesn't bother me in the same way though - they seem just a bit more lazy than anything else.  Sometimes they stretch the formulas, and I can appreciate that.
    But I think it's a bit like Zappa's music.  In some cases, you have to be familiar with the norms in order to nuke them.
    I didn't care as much about the A story.  I like seeing that Peter and Lois are a mostly normal couple, but it just didn't matter much.  I did enjoy the turtle story though.  It's tricky to make a turtle menacing, although the show went further than it should have.  It was much funnier to try to figure out how the turtle did things.

No comments:

Post a Comment