Monday, October 8, 2012

The Simpsons - 17x12 - My Fair Laddy

    In an adaptation of My Fair Lady, Lisa takes Groundskeeper Willie under her wing, in an effort to turn him into a proper gentleman.  Homer's blue pants have worn out, and he's desperate to replace them.  He becomes a human billboard for them.
    I'm not a fan of the direction that Groundskeeper Willie has taken.  They've taken the same gags as they do with Moe, and just put an accent on them.  One of my favorite, early gags with Willie was when he tears his shirt open to reveal that he's incredibly muscular.  As a result, I don't care for the A story in this episode.  But there are a lot of good gags in here.  The cruel replacement gym teacher who just pummels students with dodge balls.
    But Homer's B story is very good, and I don't remember it at all.  I know that I must have seen this episode before, because I remember the A story, but Homer's quest for replacement blue pants is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment