Friday, October 26, 2012

The Big Bang Theory - 6x05 - The Holographic Excitation

    Howard has a problem with talking about being in space too much.  Stuart holds a Halloween party, which Raj plans and pays for.  Penny is encouraged to learn more about what Leonard does, and visits him at work.  And Amy and Sheldon have difficulty coming up with a couples costume to dress up in for the party.
    While this wasn't a great episode, it was pretty good.  I don't like seeing Amy and Sheldon having as much difficulty as they do, since Amy seems like she's smart enough to manipulate him more effectively.
    I liked seeing Penny be a bit more fair to Leonard, but it still didn't play right.  She's not just poorly informed, she's actually just a jerk.  When Leonard gave the Magneto line, that's the sort of thing that Cathy would probably like to hear me say.  Instead, Penny just gets annoyed at that sort of thing.
    The one scene that bugged me a lot more was seeing Howard and Bernadette argue near the end.

1 comment:

  1. There is usually a lot of arguing and bickering, but the stereotype of Howard and Bernadette’s Jewish heritage is being played out here, in that he picked a wife like his mother. Those are the scenes I like the most, when Bernadette yells at Howard like his mom. I don’t like to see them fight in general either though. My DISH coworker buddies come over to watch TBBT each week and we have our “nerdfest.” I used to get so frustrated when they would get to my house and there weren’t any recordings because my kids deleted the timers. Now I have PrimeTime Anytime on my Hopper DVR; that way I’m not embarrassed because I set all four of the major networks to automatically record each evening.

    ReplyDelete