Wednesday, October 10, 2012

American Dad - 8x01 - Love, AD Style

    Roger opens a nightclub in the attic, and hires Hayley to sing.  This causes Roger to have a possessive crush on her.  In the meantime, Jeff is off filming The Deadliest Catch, and Stan tries to sell his old SUV for 15K, so that he can afford to switch to a new SUV.
    Not a bad episode, but it gets a little grisly at the end.  I don't mind that, and I've come to expect a certain amount of darkness and gore.  I think what I find unsettling is that Roger is actually too unpredictable.  He's too willing to do outrageously violent things on a whim, and his motivation for doing these things is never something that you can see coming.  That does make for broad storytelling possibilities, but it also raises the possibility that you'll see some horrific violence unexpectedly.
    I didn't care for either plot specifically, but I did like many of the gags that appeared in either story.  The inflatable tube man attacking Stan, Hayley's singing, Steve's muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment