Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - 3x08 - Apple Family Reunion

     Applejack takes responsibility for putting together the Apple family reunion.  She tries too hard.
     While I can't say that I disliked this episode, I didn't like it as much as I should have.  I've warmed up to Applejack over time, and she was fine in this one.
     But the episode barely had any inclusion of the other main characters.  I would have loved to see those characters included in more of the preparation.  My main complaint is that Applejack should have had a slightly different arc in the episode.  As it is, she doesn't figure out that she has over-prepared for the reunion until the end.  She should have figured it out earlier, and instead had more of a lesson about not forcing people to participate in activities unless they want to.
     I did like some of the character designs for the extended family.
     I really didn't like the inclusion of Babs.  I like the design, but I seriously dislike the accent.  I grew up in NJ, and I'm pretty familiar with the type of NY accents they're trying to approximate with her.  It's mostly annoying.  I also dislike that they mention Babs twice before having her show up.  This reminds me of Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie.  "Where's Poochie?"

No comments:

Post a Comment