Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - 1x13 - Fall Weather Friends

    Applejack and Rainbow Dash get into a conflict about which one is the better athlete, and they agree to an "Iron Pony" competition.  After that creates further problems, they agree to a race during a marathon.
    I have some real reservations about this episode.  My main complaint is that it's too obvious that Rainbow Dash is cheating.  They even have an audience, and no one seems to point out that Rainbow is really not behaving well.
    There is one instance where I thought that Applejack did go a bit too far, and that's when she used the beehive.  But this brings me to the other strange thing about the episode.  It plays a lot like a Warner Brothers cartoon.
    The real fun of the episode comes with Pinkie Pie and Spike doing their announcing for the race.
    This is the first episode that I watched after the first season came out on DVD.  So far, I was happy with the transfer, but I did only watch it on a small TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment