Sunday, July 29, 2012

Star Trek: The Next Generation - 3x25 - Transfigurations

    The Enterprise picks up the sole survivor of a crash landing (I think) on a planet in a system they're mapping.  After Crusher does some quick work, the survivor starts healing unusually fast.
    I feel like this episode is a story that has been told several times in Star Trek.  It turns out that the survivor is a next evolutionary step for a local species.  He's able to heal (and hurt) people with some glowing touch.
    It's not a great episode, but it doesn't bother me.  I think there's one main problem.  Geordi has a link with the survivor, and the effect seems to be increased confidence, allowing Geordi to pursue a girl he's interested in.  While this is a pleasant plot, it doesn't feel like it gets tied into the story as firmly as it should.  Also, I don't think it results in anything that exists beyond this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment