Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ray Bradbury Theater - 3x12 - Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar!

    A boy places an order from the back of a small catalog for a kit to grow big mushrooms in his basement.  His father starts getting a bit paranoid after a neighbor of his starts to act paranoid himself.
    It's a very difficult story to summarize.  I was looking forward to watching this one, because I had seen the story as an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents - 5x10, under the title Special Delivery.  I saw that episode when I was very young, on vacation with a friend at Lake George.  I didn't have cable, so I was thrilled to get to see Nick At Nite.
    This version is a bit different from my memory, but it's still pretty solid.  The story fits together nicely, and doesn't confirm many suspicions.  I'd like to see the older version to see how it compares.  Regardless, you can tell it's well written, since the story sounds ludicrous when you hear about it, but it plays much more naturally when you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment