Friday, July 6, 2012

The Simpsons - 22x14 - Angry Dad: The Movie

    The owners of the original Angry Dad material approach Bart with the proposition to make an Angry Dad movie.  Homer voices Angry Dad.  Then Homer takes too much credit at the awards they win. 
    I've seen a lot of complaints about this episode, and there are only a few gags that I don't like.  I don't think they got Randy Newman right.  Some of the parodies go on a little longer than they should.  But it also has a single gag that I love.
    The clip of the Angry Dad Movie near the end.  Angry Dad is in a fast food place, and he's warned that there are no refills on his soda.  He gets massively huge, and stomps around a bit, walking over to a dam.  He punches a hole in the dam, and drinks all the water out.  Then he lets out "Damn, that's good!"
    I never thought of the line as a pun, but I can't get over how great the delivery of the line is.

No comments:

Post a Comment