Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - 2x06 - The Cutie Pox

    In her desperation to get her cutie mark, Apple Bloom takes a potion from Zecora's place.  She gets a cutie mark, and starts showing off her new ability.  Then she gets another mark, and starts doing both things.  Then more marks continue to show up.  She has the Cutie Pox, and she needs some guidance to solve her uncontrollable behavior.
    I have ambivalent feelings about the episodes that focus on the younger ponies, since I think I can identify more with the older ones.  But this one is pretty fun.  The story is decent, but the animation really sells this one.  There are plenty of great designs, and all kinds of clever movements.
    I really enjoy the cutie mark idea, and it's much more engaging having them define the character so clearly.  Having distinct rules governing how the marks work builds Equestria effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment