Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Simpsons - 23x13 - The Daughter Also Rises

    Lisa has a romance with a Hemingway-esque boy.  Bart and Milhouse imitate Mythcrackers with a bunch of school legends.
    I think the weakness of this episode is in requiring viewers to be more familiar with Hemingway.  An ideal reference is a solid joke without understanding the reference, but knowledge moves the joke into a new level.
    The B story is a little more engaging, but not as much.  While I like the idea of Mythbusters, I've never felt very compelled by it.  I like the idea of showing people the truth, but the showmanship of the show seems to distract the audience from being educated as much…
    There were still some things that I liked.  The gag with Professor Frink.  The montage of Bart and Homer having fun.  And the completely bizarre thing with Sherri and Terri and Marge.  And I love the gag that the episode ends on - Homer on the fan boat going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment