Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Simpsons - 23x07 - The Man in the Blue Flannel Pants

    Homer becomes the account executive for Mr. Burns.
    This is a strange episode, and I don't care for it, but I have doubts about how likely it is that I understand the humor of the episode.  Much of it seems to be built of references to Mad Men, and that isn't something I understand.
    There are chunks of it that I like.  I enjoy the opening with the product party for Absolut Krusty.  Burns singing karaoke is great.  And it's fun to see the bullies being read Little Women, even if this is a conspicuous reference to unusual characters being touched by the book - a long time ago, Moe is revealed to be reading the book to the homeless at a shelter.
    I feel mildly lost while I watch the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment