Friday, August 17, 2012

Futurama - 7x10 - Near-Death Wish

    Fry is annoyed at how distant the Professor is to him, so he decides to look into the Professor's parents, who are kept alive in the Near-Death Star.  Fry becomes fairly close with them, but the Professor is very angry with his parents.
    The AV Club gave this one a pretty positive review, and I think an A- grade.  I don't know if I agree with that, but it is a good episode.  While it isn't packed with laughs, it has a stronger emotional component than many of the other episodes have.  And, to make it more interesting, it's a relationship that hasn't been explored.  I don't think there are many episodes that focus on the Professor, and his relationships, but this one does, and it's unusual, and still pretty good.
    The highlight - just as the AV Club said - is the talk about The Matrix.  I have a lot of contempt for the movie, and the pseudo-philosophical approach it takes to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment