Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pinkie Pie is getting annoying.

Over the first two seasons of My Little Pony, I really liked Pinkie Pie.
At some point, I realized that her enthusiasm actually reminded me of someone that I didn't particularly like.
There are people who throw so much enthusiasm into any relationship they have, and at first, it feels great.  You feel like you've met someone who is really interested in you.  Then you find out that they put this much - or more - enthusiasm into every person they meet.
At that point, I lose all interest in talking to them.  If you can't tell how much they actually like the person they talk to, they're effectively lying.

Anyway, I was able to look past this problem with Pinkie Pie.
During the third season, I felt a little more on-the-fence about her actions.  I liked Too Many Pinkie Pies.

But during this fourth season... I really don't like her much anymore.  She's moved from being excitable and helpful to mostly just being a straight-up annoyance.  Her excitement isn't appropriate or harmless now, it actually seems like it would be a real pain to deal with.  The majority of her lines are difficult to understand, because she screams them.

She moved from being a flawed character to being a flaw.


I also feel that Rainbow Dash has gotten more two-dimensional.  We get her throwing the word "awesome" around.  It's a shame, since I really liked her Wonderbolts Academy episode.

The music has been a really mixed blessing.  The third season had some songs I liked.  The fourth season seemed like more of an effort to make the show sound a little more Disney.  The first two seasons still had much stronger music.

No comments:

Post a Comment