Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - 3x13 - Magical Mystery Cure

    Through an incomplete magic spell, all of the main characters have their cutie marks swapped, and forget what it is they were good at.  Twilight is safe from this, and goes about putting things right.
    This was a short season - only 13 episodes - so this is the season finale.  And it has an appropriate scope, even if there isn't a specific villain.
    There's a big development in this episode - Twilight gets wings, turning her into an alicorn, and she is crowned a princess.  Then they move her into a castle.  This is the sort of drastic movement that would be likely in a dream sequence, but this is an intentional development.  I still have no sense of how they're going to handle this next season.
    I found the episode oddly touching.  I don't identify with Twilight that much, but I can see how Cathy does.  This kind of development could potentially derail the show, but I trust the writers to handle this kind of change without destroying the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment